Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Nashville Home


The two-story home built in the 1940’s sits on about an acre lot with a large parking area. It’s right off of McNairy Lane, thus properly named the McNairy House. We have the upper level, which is a 1,000 square foot space complete with a large living room, eat-in dining room, kitchen, one bathroom and two bedrooms. It is absolutely beautiful!

The archways between the living room and dining room remind me of a slower and more peaceful time. The glass doorknobs are irritable and old fashioned, but they provide a certain type of character that gives the house elegance. The hardwood floors throughout the home provide creaks and groans indicating that they have held a couple decades of stories. There is a tiny buzzer that looks like an old-fashioned firehouse alarm, and it jolts every time someone rings the doorbell.

This is my new Nashville home. Full of character and memories from previous tenants, it truly is everything I have hoped for. It’s set back from the main road and surrounded by English Tudor homes and long curvy roads. It’s a little over a mile from the trendy coffee shops and line of restaurants only a true foodie would appreciate. 

Over a week ago I was beaten down and rendered hopeless from looking and praying for a house, with NO luck finding one. This one came out of the blue, and basically found me. Within a few days I found myself packing up all of my possessions and weaving around the mountains of Tennessee to set up shop in Nashville. Here I am – sitting on my plush love seat, feeling the blustery fall wind come in my window in our little home. There are a few birds chirping in the distance and the sun is desperately trying to peak from behind the thick clouds.

Home. My new home; christened with pumpkin spice candles, old books and a cozy feeling. Thank you Lord for your provision and sweet attention to detail in this time!

Photos to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment