Saturday, November 17, 2012

To the One Whose Hope is Deferred

In a gurney stretching...stretching...stretching... with no answer or room for hope. My soul is weak, my body grows tired, and hope is constantly being deferred.

I don't understand Your ways, nor do I comprehend the curves of Your path. I can't trust my feelings, because they only know how to send off panic alarms and anxiety-filled messages.

The world offers no grace for me, no second chances, no do-overs; just a single opportunity. If you miss it, well, shame on you for not trying hard enough or being prepared in an instant. I honestly don't know when another will come by.

But with each break of day I have a growing choice; to listen to the Voice that speaks quieter than the rest of the world, or let anxiety well up and tie me down in an iron suit of worry. If that is the road I take, it will claim every last inch of peace and dignity I possess.

So today, in the midst of trials and impending questions, what will I choose? The iron clamp of worry or the fresh coating of peace? I will tell you once the sun sets, for this decision will dictate the course of the day.


"For the Lord is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he with hold from those whose walk is blameless. O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."

Psalm 84:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment